Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Carseat Cover - Update

If you remember, back in January we took one more plunge into potty training!  You know that one piece of advice that everyone always gives on every blog ever.  The one your mom/friends/woman-you-look-up-to keeps giving you.  You know, "When he/she is ready it will just click," yeah, that piece of advice.  Well it's true.  Sad, but true.  You know what?  This time Mr. A was ready, and here we are 4/5 months later, and we rarely have an accident!  So if you're there, don't give up!  It will come!  There are windows and if one closes, another one will open!  Good luck!


You can do it!


Now you'll maybe recall that I went all out-no pull-ups except for nighttime-100% fabric undies.  Now, my purse at the time included a bunch of small trash bags, a couple pairs of undies, a spare pair of pants and a shirt, diaper wipes and sanitizing wipes (along with all the regular stuff...), so cleaning up on the go was not a problem.

That being said I did NOT want to have to take his carseat cover off every time he had an accident!  I also didn't want to have to buy a 'piddle pad.'  So I took to the internet and came up with this fantastic carseat cover


Looks snazzy!  You can visit that post HERE and see the two patterns I put together and how I layered my different fabrics (all from my scrap pile!)

Well, it turns out that in four months we have not had a single car accident!  Wahoo! (knock on wood!)  As a result it hasn't been washed....

Front
 Eeew!


Back

So prior to a recent road trip I tossed it in the washer and dryer and it looks sooooo much better!  I have also made a second one for Mr. C.  I mean, look how much nasty it kept from the actual carseat!  Yikes! 

As far as how well it works.  Fantastic!  I know, I know, I just said we've had no accidents, but Mr. C is the KING of spilling drinks in his seat.  Just today he spilled most of a water bottle in his seat, and guess what?!  The water pooled in the cover and just sat there.  The seat is dry, but I had to bring the cover in tonight so it would dry!  Success!!! 

I'd love to see your covers!  They are so easy and there are so many ways to customize!  Let me know below how you made it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment