Thursday, February 18, 2016

Grandma's Washstand - Part 4

So last spring when I first got this washstand I worked on it for a bit before it just got too dang hot!  Our garage stays a solid 95 degrees all summer, and that's just too much!  

For Christmas we got a sander and I decided it was time to get some sandpaper and get to work!!!




Do you see that!!!  That was some old, stained wood, lots of old paint and stain and years of water (water damage and some mold too I think).  Then you have the after, BEAUTIFUL oak wood underneath!  I am sooooo close to finishing this!  I need to finish sanding the front (I got started, but there are lots of nooks and crannies) and the drawer and doors then it will be ready to fix the doors and paint!

Now I just need to figure out how I want to paint it!  Right now I'm thinking of a brown stain with some golden tones, but I'm still not sure... Let me know what you think would look good!

And just in case you missed the other posts about the Washstand, check them out here:

Grandma's Washstand Part 1
Grandma's Washstand Part 2
Grandma's Washstand Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment