Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Batman Birthday!

 Mr. C went through a batman phase - he's never seen batman (other than the lego-batman movie) But he loves batman!  So for his birthday... once time (A while back... I've been busy, what can I say, found some great old pics!)  We had a batman party!


What's a birthday without cake??  We tend to do cupcakes at our house because of the ease of individual servings!  No trying to store half a cake that will never get eaten.  When we get tired of cake we can freeze the rest!  I used a Duncan Hines cake mix - Dairy Free!!! - and my favorite no-melt buttercream frosting!


The bats are a dairy free chocolate chip that I made using this technique I used back when we had a Robin Hood Party!


My kids love a good pinata, and I refuse to pay so much for something I can make!  Since he was still younger for this part we made it a pull pinata, much like we've done before, such as here.  Really super easy to make!  Follow the link for a tutorial!  



Then pin the bat on batman!  I found a good bat-logo online and printed several, then using my newspaper end-butcher paper, I drew and colored a logo-less batman, about 3ft tall!  The kids loved it!


Finally my husband was a trooper and cut out probably thirty, three inch bats from construction paper to tape to the yellow and black streamers that we hung all over our house!  A Batman party dream!  


Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment