Monday, August 6, 2018

BElieve THEre is GOOD in the world!

The world is a crazy place!  But there is always good somewhere, and this sign is just the reminder we need!


Believe there is good in the world!  Be the Good!  What a message of hope and love for those around you!

To start, I found this plank-sign at JoAnns on clearance for $5!  You could also do a solid wood piece or make your own slats from pallets!

I wanted it to look weathered, so I tried the soak-steel wool-in vinegar trick.... to no avail... I think I had the wrong kind of steel wool, it had a coating so I didn't get that nice-natural-gray stain.  Since I was in a time crunch for a birthday, I used black, white, gray and a little bit of teal paint, mixed each with a healthy amount of water and did a light brush with each color on the wood, then promptly wiped it off with a paper towel.  It wasn't exactly the look I was going for, but good enough for me!

Next I printed off the words "Believe There is Good in The World."  I just pulled up my word processor, found a font I liked, sized the print, and then printed it!  This way you can make it as big or small as you want.  then I used an exacto knife to cut out all of the letters, including saving the middle of the "o"s and "e"s.


Then I used a glue stick to quickly stick my stencil right on the wood and painted my letters, using a yellow paint for BE of believe, THE of there, and all of GOOD, and white for all the other letters, giving the sign it's double meaning.


Really, that's all there is to it!  I hope you enjoy and remember that there is no end to the good of people and that it all starts with each of us individually and the moves forward from there.  Believe there is Good in the World, Be The Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment