Friday, October 7, 2016

Be-YOU-tiful Bow Hanger DIY!

My husband jokes that I've waited 27 years for a girl, he's not going to hold me back in making cutesy girl things!  I am the oldest in my family with three younger brothers and then our first two kiddos are boys (of course)!  So when we found out our sweet baby is going to be a girl, we were both kind of excited!

Now over the years I have made things here and there for little girls, sometimes for our nieces, and sometimes just in hope of a future daughter.

So I have a couple of bows and headbands and I wanted a cute way to display and organize them!

I always want her to feel beautiful, in a gorgeous dress or a slumpy t-shirt, so I give you the Be-YOU-tiful bow hanger!


Ribbon of choice.  I recommend a satin ribbon or woven, 1inch.  A sheer won't be as strong or hold it's shape as long!


Canvas!  This was one left over from my button art project last year.  


In addition, hot glue, tulle, and a staple gun.

First I painted the canvas purple and in yellow at the top "Be-You-tiful!"
Then I figured out about how far apart I wanted the ribbon, measured and glued the ribbon down. 


I also glued down some tulle to the top for a hanger.  After the glue dried I stapled the ribbon and tulle down to make sure they wouldn't pull off.


Voila! Bow holder for all the bows little girl will surely have! (especially if I have anything to do with it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment