Monday, October 3, 2016

Halloween Crow Wreath

Well, somehow I managed to not get any pictures of the process, but I made this awesome Halloween Crow wreath for my Husband's cousin, and it was SO EASY!!!



You'll Need:

A Wreath Form, mine was a wicker one, which I thought was cool because it looked like a nest or sticks on a tree.

Crows to go around.  Mine were from the dollar store, they are foam with feathers and black glittery!


Trusty Hot Glue Gun.  Seriously, where would a crafter be without hot glue?!

floral wire (or other wire) and wire cutters

First: Spray paint the wreath black!

Next: I pulled off the feet from each crow and wired them to the wreath.  I stuck the floral wire in the holes where the feet came out and a glob of hot glue.  Then I put a glob of glue on the bottom of the birds and wired them to the wreath.  Once the glue had set I went around from the bottom of the wreath and filled in any gaps between the birds and the wreath with glue.

You'll have to decide where you want the wreath to line up with the birds.  I wanted to make use of the widest part of the birds to use less birds, so placed my birds accordingly.  If you want a bigger wreath or to use more birds attach them closer to the head, where they are more narrow.


When everything is dry, take some black paint and touch up any spots that aren't black anymore.  Some of the glitter had rubbed off the tops, and there were white spots where I had pulled the feet out.

Finally hang up your awesome wreath on a wreath hanger or use some floral wire to wire it to a hook or nail or thumbtack on your door.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment