Thursday, May 14, 2015

Fajitas!

Fajitas!  We are big fans of Mexican food at this house, and this recipe can't be beat for ease and deliciousness-factor!  I got the recipe from HERE but have my own twist (as I love to do!)


The most important part of this recipe is the seasoning, which is homemade, but seriously takes maybe a minute to make!
1 Tbsp chili powder
½ Tbsp paprika
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cumin
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ Tbsp corn starch

I usually mix up a double or triple or even quadruple batch and store it in a baby food jar with my other spices.  SO DELICIOUS!

Then you just slice up your veggies and protein, toss them with a little olive oil in a pan (you can bake them, but I generally just do it wok-style in my frying pan), then when they are about half cooked sprinkle the seasoning on (to taste, you can always add more but you can't take away!) and finish them off!

I like chicken or beef (cut into strips) bell peppers and onions (also cut into strips) cooked all together and lettuce, tomato, and sour cream wrapped up together in a flour tortilla!


This recipe saves well, if there's any leftover!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment