Saturday, June 23, 2018

If You Can Cook it - You Can Grill It!



We live in Arizona and as Summer is coming at us full force I just DON'T want to cook in the house!  Our electric bill alone gets up to $400 a month in July/August/September and that is just crazy for a student family to afford!  Now cooking in the summer you feel EVERY BIT OF HEAT the stove, oven, crock-pot, or even instant pot produces!  Yes, even a crock-pot or instant pot you can feel the difference! By the time I finish cooking I just want to lay under a fan and drink a tall lemonade!


After spending the winter in New Mexico (we were up at 8,000 ft above sea level!) It just seemed so much worse than before!  I just had no desire to heat up the house!  The highs in New Mexico before we left New Mexico were low 80s, in Arizona we keep our house set at 78 degrees, it was just too much to cook and add to that!

So I decided that I was just going to grill as much as possible!  But really, you can't eat hamburgers, hotdogs, and grilled chicken for every meal!

So we decided to see how much we could Grill!

And you get to follow our adventures through a new series called,



And I mean what I say, I really plan to grill everything I can cook!  

Our grill has four burners in the grilling area, and outside the lid we have one burner (that we haven't used yet, key word yet) that we could use with a pot.

Check back regularly to see what we've grilled this time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment